Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Memories, and lack thereof....

My recent blog post to extreme donuts brought me down memory lane, at least in regards to telephones. I remember when my family owned a Mickey Mouse telephone, like this one.

I loved that phone! But where did it go?
I don't remember.
I fear Mickey may have met his demise after one to many falls off the counter.

Which brings me to my new quest. Or, request.
I think I'd like a new phone. One that is reminiscent of the character and zest of the good ol' days. 
Mickey would be nice, but I think the stilletto phone shown below is more my style. 

Why? Because I figure, if I can't learn to walk in a pair of shoes like this, at least I can have fun talking in one.
Any takers?
Anyone not worried about giving up 20 pounds or so for the investment? (It's available in the UK).

As for the rest of my rant today on memory, mine is ka-put. I knew I should have noted the steps I was following while I was transforming my Word doc into PDF format in a way that would  not compress the pictures. So far, in my goal to repeat that process and move beyond the last stage of copy-editing my next book, Little Red Riding Hood, Into the Forest Again, I can not remember what I did before. All my pics are being saved at a low dpi in the PDF document, which doesn't bode well for printing in quality form. Thus, I can't release the book. YET.

UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment